And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. (Luke 22:31-32.)
Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad….
Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended. (Matthew 26:31, 33.)
And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me. (Luke 22:33-34.)
Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. (Matthew 26:35.)
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. (John 17:1-5.)
O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. (John 17:25-26.)
Points to Ponder:
- Satan desires to have you and your loved ones. What are you doing to strengthen yourself and your conversion to the Lord’s gospel? What are you doing to strengthen your loved ones and help them become converted?
- Where are you ready to go with the Lord? What are you ready to do for the Lord?
- How do we come to truly know God and Jesus Christ?
- Is the work you are doing bringing glory to the Lord or glory to yourself?
- Are you doing the work the Lord gave you to do?
- How do you get the love of God and the love of Jesus Christ in you?